I have two recipes of Poffertjes that I always use. The first one is quite easy and simple. No mixer, no instant yeast and no buckwheat flour needed. See the recipe here.
The other one is a bit complicated, but the result is great. I blogged about it in 2010, now let me re-write the recipe in English.
Poffertjes (Indonesian Version)
Source : Primarasa Femina, slightly modified by me
250 gr of all purpose flour
75 gr sugar
1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
400 ml milk (I used 100 ml evaporated milk + 300 ml of milk)
50 g butter, melted
1/4 tsp salt
50 gr cheddar cheese, diced
powdered sugar for sprinkling
1. Mix flour, sugar and instant yeast in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Warm the milk (do not boil). Beat the egg. Pour the warm milk and stir well.
3. Pour the milk+egg mixture into a bowl of flour. Stir until smooth.
4. Add the melted butter and salt. Stir well.
5. Rest the dough for 15-30 minutes.
6. Melt butter in a poffertjes pan. When it sizzles, pour batter into each hole of the pan and filling them about 3/4s of the way full. Wait until the surface perforated. Then put cheese cube. Turn the halfcooked poffertjes into the other poffertjes so it will look like a mini sandwich. And when one bottom has set, flip over the poffertjes sandwich. Wait a minute until the other side is golden.
7. Place on a serving plate, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve.