I had chicken cream soup leftover from yesterday. I thought making creamy chicken pie would be a good choice. Just added more veggies (carrots, mushrooms and peas), made the soup thicker ( I added 1 tsp cornstarch) and use it up for pie filling.
For the filling : use this Chicken Cream Soup recipe
For the pastry
source : UKTV
340 g plain flour
170 g butter
1. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Stir in enough iced water to bring the mixture together into a smooth dough. Roll half of the pastry out to line a 23cm pie dish or plate and chill for 30 minutes, or until required.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Place a baking sheet on the middle shelf of the oven to heat up.
4. Spoon the filling over the pastry. Roll the remaining pastry out to make a lid and lay it carefully over the chicken mixture.
5. Brush the top with beaten egg. Cut a cross in the middle of the pie right through the pastry to allow the steam to escape as the pie cooks.
6. Bake for about one hour, until golden. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into slices and serving with vegetables of your choice.