Baked this cheesecake for my friend's birthday. I was looking for a light and fresh cake idea, then came up with the idea of experimenting with tangerines that I bought a few days earlier. I used to make strawberry or blueberry cheesecake. But never this one. Hope it will turn out good.
Surprisingly it turned out great! :) Love it!
I used basic recipe from Philadelphia Cream Cheese Packaging everytime I make cheesecake. Sometimes I modified it a little bit to make another flavor of cheesecake.
12 biscuits (any biscuits will do, you can even use oreo)
1 cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
3 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
300 gr PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 Tbsp tangerine rind, grated
3 Tbsp flour
1 Tsp vanilla
1 cup yoghurt
1/4 cup tangerine juice (from 2-3 small tangerines)
1 cup ground tangerines, seeds removed before grinding
3 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tsp maizena/corn flour
1. Heat oven to 325˙F. Line 13x9 inch pan with foil. Mix crumbs, 3 Tbsp sugar and butter; press onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 min.
2. Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, tangerine rind and vanilla until blended. Add yoghurt; blend. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed until blended. Blend in tangerine juice.
3. Place aluminum foil under pan on oven rack and bake in 400 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes until crust browns lightly.
4. Reduce heat to 225 degrees F and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes longer. Cool slowly (do not put in cold place) and then refrigerate.
5. Top with tangerine marmalade and serve. Makes 16 servings
How to make Tangerine Topping :
To grind tangerines, cut into pieces and remove seeds. Put through medium blade of food chopper or grind in an electric blender. Measure and place in saucepan. Add sugar. Stir over moderate heat until sugar dissolves. Let it boil. Add corn flour to thicken the juice. Cool and spoon over top of cheesecake. Decorate the the cheesecake with sliced tangerines.