Oh myyyyyy!!!!!!!! I just can't believe I did this. I must be crazy. Some of my friends told me so. They were like....O my God what were you thinking?! You made your own bread bowl? LOL!
Yes why not? Why not making your own bread bowl. It's not as difficult as you think. You must give it a try! Now gimme some time to admire my bread bowl.....LOL!
French Bread Rolls
source : sprinkle some sunshine
1 ½ cups warm water
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups bread flour (dita-I used all purpose flour)
1. In a large bowl, stir together warm water, yeast & sugar. Let stand until creamy, about 5 minutes.
2. Add oil, salt & 2 cups flour to the yeast mixture & stir together with a fork. Stir in remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough has pulled away from the sides of the bowl.
3. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes, adding additional flour if necessary. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl & turn to coat.
4. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
5. Deflate the dough, and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces and form into round balls. Place on lightly greased baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth & let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Brush with melted butter & sprinkle with sea salt, rosemary, garlic, etc. while warm, if desired.(dita-I brushed the bowl with egg&milk)
Slice off the top of the bread bowl. Scoop out a bit of the bread & push the inside of the bread against the outside crust to form a bowl. Fill with something yummy & enjoy!