One nice thing to do during the month of Ramadan is food exchanged between friends and neighbors. Usually sweet dessert or something sweet for iftar (breaking the fast).
My friend, Santy gave us these Lemon Cream Puff and they were absolutely delicious!!
On the next day, another friend of mine mbak Ani sent us Putu Ayu...yum yumm! And I couldn't resist taking picture of this cake...they were gorgeous and so photogenic :).
Santy also shared the recipe. Here's the Lemon Cream Puff's recipe.
Lemon Cream Puffs
1/2 cup water,
1/4 cup butter,
1/2 cup flour,
- boil water & butter, add flour, stir until smooth, let stand 5 minutes.
- add egg one at a time, beat well.
- pre heat oven 200 Celcius.
- drop teaspoonful of dough on baking sheet. bake 35 minutes.
1 egg beaten,
1/3 cup sugar,
juice of 1 lemon,
1/2 tsp vanilla,
2 TBS butter
1 cup whipping cream,
2 tsp sugar
- combine egg, sugar, lemon juice, butter, vanilla and bring to boil, medium heat.
- remove and cool quickly (place pan in ice water).
- transfer to bowl, close with plastic wrap, put in the fridge for 1 hour.
- beat whip cream & sugar until stiff, add lemon mixture. stir well.
- split puffs and fill in with lemon cream.