- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 carrots, washed and chopped into ½”
- 1 (12-14 oz) can coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the onions, and cook for another minute. Add the cumin and stir well, cook until fragrant - under a minute.
- Add the chopped carrots and sauté for a few minutes, then add the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are just tender.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender, or standard blender. (Use caution when using a standard blender. The soup will be hot!) If soup is too thick, add a little extra stock or coconut milk.
- Add the desired amount of lemon juice plus a little sea salt and black pepper. Serve hot.
*Note: Can be made ahead and kept refrigerated for 3-4 days.
source : simplegreensmoothies