- 3-1/3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter and flour two 9-inch cake pans. Line bottoms with rounds of parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until blended, scraping down sides of bowl. Beat in lemon juice, zest, then 1 egg at a time. Continue to beat until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 additions alternating with buttermilk. Fold in berries. Transfer to pans.
- Bake cakes until tester inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool cakes in pans on racks.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Make White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. Turn first layer of cake on platter. Peel off parchment. Spread with 1 cup frosting. Place second layer on top. Remove parchment. Frost remainder of sides and top. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: In a small bowl, microwave 6 oz (180 g) chopped white chocolate for 2 -3 minutes on Medium until almost melted. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.Beat 8 oz. (250 g) cream cheese and 1/4 cup softened unsalted butter until blended. Add melted chocolate. Gradually add 3 cups confectioner’s (icing) sugar, beating until smooth and creamy.
Source :Eat In Eat Out