Super Moist Banana Cake
If you're looking for a super moist banana cake recipe, this is the one. I'll tell you another secret why this cake could turn to be super moist.
source : Spark Recipe
1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter, softened
1 1/4 cups Granulated Sugar (Dita-I used brown sugar, I guess it taste better. But you might cut down the amount of the sugar to 1 cup, because it's just to sweet)
4 tbsp. Sour Cream (Dita-I used 4 tbsp milk mixed with 2 tbsp vinegar)
1 1/2 cups Flour, all-purpose (white)
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1.5 cups (2-3) ripe Bananas, mashed (NOTE: Original recipe called for 1 cup and baked a little less, but I usually use more banana and bake it a wee bit longer. The tracker includes the extra bit of banana!)
1. Grease 9" x 5" loaf pan.
2. Beat together butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs. Mix well.
4. Add sour cream, flour, baking soda, vanilla, and bananas. Mix well.
5. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 - 55 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
7. Cool on rack, and wrap in plastic wrap overnight to bring out the moisture in the bread. (Dita-here's my secret : put the WARM cake wrapped in a plastic wrap in refrigerator overnight, it will make the cake turn super moist)
8. Makes 1 loaf, cut into 14 slices about 5/8" thick each.
Number of Servings: 14