Indian Chai Latte ala Helen K.Manik
In this cold weather of winter, you must try this recipe :). Thank you, mbak Helen for sharing the recipe.
Indian Chai ala Helen
for 1 cup (235 ml) Chai
3 tbsp (45 ml) water
1/2 tbsp plain tea dust/tea powder (without flavour)
35 grams Indonesian palm sugar, shaved
1/4 tsp sugar
1/2 cup (120 ml) evaporated milk
1/4 cup (60 ml) long life milk
2 butir cardamom (optional)
15 grams fresh ginger, thinly sliced
1. Put ginger in a cup.
2. In a small pan, put water and tea powder. Cook in medium-low heat.
3. Add palm sugar and sugar. When palm sugar already melted, add evaporated milk and milk. Stirring occasionally.
4. Add cardamom and bring it to boil. Set aside.
5. Then, one more time, heat the pan over medium heat for 1-2 mins. Set aside.
6. Pour tea through a fine-mesh sieve into a cup with sliced ginger in it.
Enjoy your chai!