A popular desert from Manado (North Sulawesi, Indonesia).
Es Brenebon - Red Beans in Cocoa Syrup
adapted from Lina Hidayat
1 kg red beans, soaked for 2-24 hours, boil the beans until soft
90 gr cocoa powder
2 cans chocolate condensed milk
750 gr sugar
1. Boil water, chocolate condensed milk, sugar and cocoa powder.
2. Add boiled red beans, bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
3. Serve with ice or vanilla ice cream (better serve the next day).
Another Indonesian Food Recipes from my kitchen :
1. Klepon - Sweet Rice Balls Stuffed with Palm Sugar
2. Biji Salak - Sweet Potato Balls in Palm Sugar Syrup
3. Bubur Kacang Ijo - Mung Beans Porridge with Pumpkin Puree
4. Nasi Langgi
5. Kering Kentang - Spicy and Crispy Potato
7. Mie Bakso Iga
8. Wedang Ronde - Ginger Ronde Drink
9. Roti Gambang - Indonesian Traditional Bread
10. Gohu - Unripe Papaya in Sweet, Sour and Spicy Syrup
11. Ketan Serundeng - Sticky Rice Balls with Spicy Grated Coconut
12. Gemblong - Deep Fried Sticky Rice Coated with Caramel
13. Ketan Sarikayo - Steamed Coconut Rice and Coconut Milk Custard