If you just have a little time in the morning to prepare breakfast, try this recipe. This pudding supposed to eat with grilled chicken/meat, but it's great for breakfast with scramble egg and sausage :).
Original recipe by Mrs Gladman through her daughter in-law Lina Gladman (via Sefa Firdaus)
1 cup fresh milk
1 cup all-purpose-flour, sieve
1/2 tsp salt
(Dita - I added chopped spring onion)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Combine eggs and milk in a mixing bowl. Mix until incorporated using whisker.
3. Gradually add flour and salt. Continue whisking to create a lump free batter resembling thick cream, if there are any lumps pass the batter through a fine sieve.
4. Prepare 6-hole muffin tin. Pour half tablespoon of vegetable oil in each hole. Place the muffin tin into oven and let the oil become really hot (produce smoke). Take it out.
5. Pour batter into each hole. Fill a half to each and return quickly to the oven. Leave to cook until golden brown for around 25-30 minutes. Remove immediately from the oven and serve.
- You can blend all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Store Yokshire pudding in an airtight container. Warm it on the microwave and can be served with jam, golden syrup, honey or sugar.
- It's known as Popover in USA.