These Brazilian cheese puffs are wonderfully melt in your mouth. Savoury little snacks that are made with tapioca flour instead of wheat flour, making them good for people with an intolerance to wheat.
They are best served straight out of the oven, when they're still a bit gooey inside from the delectable cheese.
Pao de Queijo
source : Recipezaar
* 2 cups sweet manioc starch or sour manioc starch alias tepung tapioka
* 1 cup milk
* 1/2 cup margarine (dita - I prefer butter)
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
* 2 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Bring the milk, salt, and margarine to a boil.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Slowly add manioc starch, stirring constantly until thoroughly mixed.
5. Add the cheese and eggs.
6. Knead until smooth.
7. Form into balls approximately 2-inches in diameter and place on a greased baking sheet.
8. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
9. Bake until golden brown (dita - 15-20 minutes).
10. Eat while hot.
11. Makes 20 cheese buns.