This simple dessert is wonderfully tangy. I love the sour sensation, mixed with the delicate texture of it.
Yogurt Panna Cotta with Strawberry Compote
adapted from: btn's Kitchen
Ingredients (for two portions):
200 ml heavy cream (dita - I used 1/2 milk-1/2 whipped cream)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons sugar
7 g gelatin + 4 tablespoons cold water for dissolving it.
150 g yogurt
1. Dissolve gelatin in cold water.
2. In a saucepan on medium heat mix cream, vanilla and sugar, stirring continuously until sugar melts.
3. Add gelatin and stir until it dissolves.
4. In a separate bowl stir the yogurt to get rid of any lumps.
5. Slowly pour the hot cream mix into the yogurt, whisking constantly.
6. Pour mix into two glass bowls or ramekins or whatever suitable bowls you have.
7. Refrigerate for about 4 hours or until firm.
Flip onto chilled plate, and garnish with warm raspberry preserves, or cranberry sauce or fresh fruit or any combination of those.
1 cup Fresh Strawberry, sliced
Sugar to taste
Mix all the ingredients until sugar dissolved. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Chilled.
To invert panna cotta, set the ramekins into a pan of hot water for 15 seconds. Make sure the water does not get into the ramekins. Run a knife around the edges of ramekins and invert them onto plates. Remove the ramekins. Top panna cotta with strawberry compote.